Last Updated on February 13, 2023 by techtudum
Samsung has begun its widespread distribution of the One UI 5.0 update, built on Android 13, to several of its phones and tablets. However, a slight revision was made to the Galaxy S23 series, which now features One UI 5.1. Although the company has not specified any official schedule for the rollout, it has already begun, with the Galaxy S22, S21, S20, and foldable devices receiving the new release.
The Galaxy S23 series, which was launched on February 1st, 2023, comes pre-loaded with Android 13 and is eligible for major updates up to Android 17. The One UI 5.1 OTA, which is a large 2GB in size and includes the latest February 2023 security patches and firmware build EWAF, is now live for Exynos variants in Europe, with a roll out in South East Asia, including India, expected in the near future.
The level of smoothness on the Galaxy S23 Ultra running One UI 5.1 is what I’ve been waiting for since the day I tried a Samsung phone for the first time.— Alvin (@sondesix) February 10, 2023
It doesn’t even feel like a Samsung phone. 💀 pic.twitter.com/AcZ6aDNF8L
The update is also available for all four variants of the Galaxy S21, including the S21, S21+, S21 Ultra, and S21 FE. The One UI 5.1 OTA will soon be rolled out in the United States, including both unlocked Snapdragon variants and carrier variants when they become available.
With One UI 5.1 you can simply touch and hold on a abject to cut it out EVEN IN THE VIDEOS pic.twitter.com/Ei1jDHufas— V3trox360 (@Vetrox360) February 10, 2023
In addition, several of Samsung’s stock apps, such as Good Lock plugins, Samsung Good Guardians, and Expert Raw, have been updated to support Android 13.
Expert RAW now built into the camera app on One UI 5.1 under more pic.twitter.com/7haBMO5vJT— Holly – I like tech (@AnxiousHolly) February 13, 2023
The One UI 5.1 update offers several new and improved features for users. Some of the key highlights are:
- The ability to change the color tone of selfies with ease, using the Effects button at the top of the screen.
- Quick access to the Expert RAW feature.
- The ability to search the Gallery for multiple people or subjects at the same time.
- Enhanced image remastering that improves picture quality by removing shadows and reflections.
- The creation of a shared family album within the Gallery.
- The option to easily minimize or switch to full screen mode.
- Improved multitasking in DeX.
- The ability to set a different wallpaper based on your current activity or mode.
- Up-to-date severe weather alerts, daily weather summaries, and sunrise/sunset times in the Weather app.
- The new Battery widget, which allows users to check the battery level of their devices from the Home screen.
- The choice to select where to save screenshots and screen recordings.